Friday, June 22, 2012

"Lost"

Currently finishing up a great book (if I can call it that) about one of the "Lost Boys" of Sudan, Valentino Achak Deng. The tag "Lost Boys" simply denotes the thousands of orphans who fled their huts all throughout Sudan during the civil wars to take refuge in neighboring countries. They fled to avoid being captured by the Arabic militia called the "Murahaleen" who would force the child to be a slave or a soldier. On their journey to the refugee camps, these kids were exposed to thirst, hunger, predators, disease, and most certainly death. Thus, these boys became dubbed as "lost", both in death and in life. 


On the bright side, things are looking up for Southern Sudan. My team leader and engineer, Michael Masso reported more Sudanese moving into the area and setting up shop. This is great news, however with the influx of people, the need for clean water increases with the demand. I can't wait to get to Mundri to help rebuild a nation and to help those who have wandered from Christ, be found in Him.

Right now I am at 30% of my goal in getting to Mundri, South Sudan this October to help out with the clean water projects for 6 months! If you would like to support me financially, you can click the link below and it will take you to my donation page.

Also, if you are looking for things to pray about, right now I am pursuing learning Juba-Arabic. This is the dialect of Arabic that is spoken in Mundri, along with English and the Moru language. I have a feeling that my Spanish speaking skills will not come in handy.

Donate: http://www.whm.org/give/missionary?ID=21711


No comments:

Post a Comment