Monday, July 23, 2012

Cookies in Heaven

The past few weeks has been one coincidence after another. In fact the possibility of me serving in South Sudan has been a hodgepodge of deeper inner callings and coincidences wrapped up and serving as a warm cookie. I like comparing things to cookies. I hope someday to buried in cookies so that when Christ comes back I can grab a few on my way up, although I don't think God's presence could be compared to any amount of "cookies worth" because if it is as great as the Bible makes it out to be, I think cookies would be the last thing on my mind. (See 1 Corinthians 2:9 for reference)
1st coincidence: I fell in love with a girl who has a heart for missions and knew a guy who got me connected with World Harvest, Josh Dickenson.

 2nd coincidence: World Harvest had been praying for months for some guys to come serve in South Sudan and that was straight up my ally, although I thought I was going to end up somewhere in Latin America where all the good surfing waves existed.

 3rd coincidence: It seems that the more people I talk to, the more people I meet who have some sort of connection to South Sudan or that area of Africa. Just talked to a friend of mine from way back whose wife had recently been to South Sudan in the same area in which I will be going. Already getting contacts there and I am still 3 months away from leaving!

 4th coincidence: The support money is coming in! Although this may not be a legitimate "coincidence," I have almost reached 40% and I still have 3 months left to raise. Knowing that a teammate of mine raised 100% in just one month gives me lots of hope. It's too big of a world for me to pass all of these coincidences off as mere luck and chance or just a by-product of who I hang out with and put myself in contact with. I believe wholeheartedly that something or someone is orchestrating a master plan that will help other's find truth.

He is God, He is love, and He must be found and worshiped.

No comments:

Post a Comment